In today’s episode, we meet our guest Michael Glaspie, after 10 years in the military Michael turned into real estate. Today he owns over 134 rental properties. Also co-founded a real estate team focused on helping real estate investors. He is also a best selling author, co-host of the Military Cashflow Podcast. In all of his years of experience he has ventured in different asset classes and business opportunities such as: hotels, short term rentals, long term rentals, loans and more. Tune in as we dive into Michael’s creative strategies and business ventures that built his real estate portfolio.
[00:01 - 19:29 ] Opening Segment
- I welcome our guest Michael Glaspie.
- Michael shares his story of transitioning from military life into the civilian life.
- The challenge of becoming a Green Beret.
- Trying different jobs and business until housing hacking grabbed Michale’s attention.
- Getting into different business ventures in the Real Estate industry.
- A different path into Real Estate investing: Cash flow as the main goal.
- Michael shares how creative acquisition strategies helped him purchase his first property.
- Opportunities created by distressed sellers.
- How Michael seized the opportunity in hotels while other investors were fearful.
- Capitalizing on limited service hotels and Airbnb properties.
- Syndicating and operating these properties.
- How a limited service hotel works: Making it as close as possible to a rental property.
- Shifting and adding a new value proposition to hotels.
- How Michael's creative strategies helped raise capital and buy from a fearful seller.
- Transparency benefits both parties.
[19:30 - 25:00] The Elite Investor
- Michal talks about his book:
- How Michael filled a gap when agents were struggling to find financial solutions for investors.
- Underwriting under an LLC and under an individual.
- How his Airbnb properties cash flow.
[ 25:00-28:00 ] Final Four Segment
- What Michael would invest in with only $20,000
- How Michael would help in a real estate mistake
- Analysis paralysis , just take action.
- Michael’s way to make the world a better place
- Donating to The Green Beret Foundation
- Reach out to our guest - see links below
- Final words
“ Real Estate is one of the most forgiving investments that you can have over time, you can lose some money but if you hold it over time, typically it will forgive you. ” - Michael Glaspie
“Being transparent is a win - win for everybody” - Michael Glaspie
Connect with Michael through Instagram, [email protected] , [email protected]
Visit his websites: